[pp.int.general] very positive essay on Pirate Party here:

Philip Hunt cabalamat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:44:18 CEST 2012

On 24 July 2012 12:15, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Philip, what is the quote that should be attributed to you? Hank is on
> PST time so he may be already offline, but I will tell him as soon as
> he is back online.

This:

Furthermore, copyright and patent laws negate one’s property rights in
one’s physical property. For example, if I have a hard disk, it’s my
property and I can arrange the patterns of magnetic alignment on it in
any way I choose; and if I cannot, because copyright law forbids me,
my property right in the hard disk has been reduced.

Or similarly if I own a lathe and a milling machine, and some raw
materials, I can make an internal combustion engine or other machine
from the raw materials; and if I cannot, because patent laws forbid
me, then my property rights have been diminished.

So to the extent that you believe in property rights over real
property (i.e. anything tangible), you can’t also believe in property
rights in imaginary property (i.e. so-called “intellectual” property).

It's from <http://cabalamat.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/the-pirate-party-is-more-libertarian-than-the-libertarian-party/>.

(Note the last sentence of the "quote" in the article is not something i wrote)

--
Phil Hunt, <cabalamat at gmail.com>