[pp.int.general] Global heating: 2 degrees of heating is 16 years away

Gijs Overvliet govervliet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:26:43 CEST 2012

Did you even read the rest of my email?

I already gave up on the idea of changing your mind, because you
religiously believe you are right, and I religiously believe you are wrong,
and neither of us is going to change our minds anyway. I suggest you do the
same, and start focusing on a solution instead of the problem.

Also, there's proven and probable reserves, both have to do with what can
be extracted and are completely different from what's in the ground. And
there's a reason why they are drilling in impossible places: the
easy-to-get oil is gone.

The practical limits of oil extraction mean the following loop:
1. economy (which runs on energy) is booming
2. energy prices rise too high, production can't keep up with demand.
3. economy crashed
4. energy prices plummet, there's too much production
goto 1, untill there's nothing left of our civilization. Which is also what
your end result of too much CO2 will be.

So, I suggest we start building that renewable energy grid. I laid out a
few challenges that should be addressed. That estimate of 20 years is not
my estimate, but can be found in the Hirsh report:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsh_Report
Or we could waste time nitpicking and taking parts of our conversation out
of context just so we can be right.

@Amelia:
"this would be a good way for the individual pirate also not to make his
pirate comrades feel like they are being afilliated with a green party
position that they may not want to be affiliated with."
+1 internets to you!

Gijs