[pp.int.general] Fake pirate party in argentina

Aza rata_0071 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:20:16 CEST 2012

Some why my emails to the general mailing list where not being delivered,
here they are again:

Some days ago:

A fake pirate party with a similar name (Digital Party) and the same logo
has mysteriously summoned. Their website http://partidodigital.com.ar/

We don't know anything about them, they are gathering emails and have
published some ideas similar to ours...

aza

20:57 (hace 18 horas)

Weirdness is escalating, this fake party says they have the been in
contact with Rick Falkvinge and Anna Troberg and have their support.
(Which says a lot about their ignorance of the pirate movement)

We are almost sure this is some kind of online operation since a
member of our party went to their meeting and there wasn't any
meeting. Also no one involved in the pirate, free software or free
culture movement knows who they are. They appear to have no mailing
list or anything, just a google form to submit one's email address.

We ask you if you could confirm or deny they have indeed contacted
you, they are calling themselves Partido Digital (Digital Party). Also
we want to make you aware in case they contact you.

Regards
Aza
PPAr