[pp.int.general] Pirate discussion during Akademy 2012 in Tallinn, Estonia 30th June - 6th July

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 22:28:51 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Märt Põder <boamaod at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I suppose there are some pirates or at least pirate minded people
> attending Akademy 2012 in the beginning of July.
>
> Is there anybody willing to participate in a BoF session about pirates,
> pirate politics, free software etc? Or maybe somebody you happen to know
> would like to do it? There is a chance to reserve a slot for that if we
> find people willing to do it... Please ask around!
>
> You can have a look at
> http://community.kde.org/Akademy/2012#Workshops_and_BoFs and
> http://akademy.kde.org/ if interested and please let me know about your
> preferred topics, schedule etc.
>
> Märt Põder
> Pirate Party of Estonia - http://piraadipartei.ee

I'm a KDE & Qt developer from Spain, apart from being a member of the
spanish Pirate Party (PIRATA) and I have already booked to go there. I
had not thought about having a bof about these topics, but why not?
I'll gladly participate.

I'm the main developer of the Agora Ciudadana project where we aim to
develop a secure and easy to use liquid democracy voting system,
developed in django and using mixnets. The code is currently in github
[1] and we plan to have a first release soon, before Akademy happens
(hopefully). The design and security scheme of Agora is explained at
large in our web page [2]
http://www.agoraciudadana.org/2011/09/agora-a-virtual-parliament/ and
there's a PRE-ALFA (many links still do not work) version running at
[3].

BTW I've already presented this idea at FOSDEM last year and also this
year I showed our advances in Agora recently at Akademy-es. The first
version will not have yet support for encrypted voting and support for
electronic identity cards, but that's due for the next version in
which I'll start working during Akademy. The spanish pirate party is
watching this project closely and even it might be propossed in the
future for use within KDE e.V.

Regards,
    Eduardo.
--