[pp.int.general] PPI board meeting minutes and some updates about the conference.

Rock Neurotiko miguelglafuente at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:37:04 CET 2012

2012/3/4 Andrew Norton <ktetch at gmail.com>

> And they say Americans know nothing of Geography... (:-P)

I've always suspended Geography ;)

> On 3/4/2012 12:01 PM, Rock Neurotiko wrote:
> > A country recognised internationally.
>
> By who? Is Taiwan a country? Sealand?

Dunno... Wikipedia? :P
Who plays in the Olympic Games?

I'm not God to answer, but I think that we can see what is and what isn't a
country.

My town it's not a country, and although that we fight to be independent.

> > UK have two: Scothland and England.
>
> Depends who you ask. By some, it's 1 (united kingdom), others it's Great
> Britain, and others it's England, Scotland, wales, northern Ireland
> (such as UEFA), and other regions, like The Isle of Man (which is a
> British crown dependency, but not part of the UK)

I was wrong, I've already been corrected that it's four.

> > USA have 48 states, but it's just one country.
> Actually, it's 50 states, 1 district, plus a bunch of territories, like
> Puerto Rico

Yeah, I mistaked too.

> > Spain have 19 CCAA, but it's just one country.
> >
> > Imagine that every state of USA it's a country with vote... The PPI
> > subjugated tu USA.
>
> Especially as, I pointed out earlier, the US does parties on a state
> basis only. At a national level there is only a confederacy, no national
> party.

There it's the interesant point :)

PP-Es it's working to can be a conferacy party, and if PP-Gal an PP-cat
will want to add, they would be accepted, of course!
Couldn't be that the solution?

> - --
> Andrew Norton
> http://ktetch.co.uk
> Tel: +1(352)6-KTETCH [+1-352-658-3824]

Miguel García Lafuente - Rock Neurotiko
Vocal de la Junta Directiva Nacional del Partido Pirata.
Coordinador de Jóvenes Piratas en Madrid.

"Libertad en lugar de miedo." - "Información libre, sociedad libre."