[pp.int.general] Companies that trap and sue P2P users in Germany

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sun Mar 25 03:50:29 CEST 2012

    > Would it be possible to set up a fund to pay people's 500 EUR fines
    > if they maintained an open wireless network?

    Sure. But I think for Piratenpartei it would be more effective to put the
    bit of money we have into election campaigns

I wasn't suggesting the Pirate Party itself do this.  My idea is that
it would be done independently.

     in order to change the stupid
    laws instead of fighting them by ignoring them

A campaign urging people to defy this law is a way of building
opposition to the law.

The fund's main activity would be to pay people's fines,
but in order to do that, it would have to spread the word about
the injustice of this law, and that would also teach the public.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation