[pp.int.general] Pirate Party UK elections

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Fri May 4 06:37:03 CEST 2012

On 5/3/2012 4:13 PM, Jelena Jovanovic wrote:
> tnx
> will put it on PPI page immediately

Ok, first results are back.

If you've been following my liveblog
(http://www.ktetch.co.uk/2012/05/uk-pirate-party-local-elections-2012.html)
- - and if not, why not? - then you'll know already. If you don't want to
see the Manchester results, look away now!

Ancoats & Clayton ward (Tim Dobson) 24.47% Turnout
Labour 1862, Green 215, Conservative 173, LibDem 100, TUSC 82, Pirate
Party 75
Thats a 2.99% result from 2507 votes

City Center ward (Maria Aretoulaki) 13.65% turnout
Labour 704, Lib Dem 465, Conservative 234, GReen 190, Independant 159,
Pirate 57, UKIP 57
A 3.10% result from 1,834 votes

Bradford Ward (Loz Kaye) 21.21% turnout
Labour 1903, Conservative 159, Green 141, Pirate 127, Libdem 106,
Communist 14
A 5.18% result on 2,450 votes

This is using First past the post, so quite impressive.

The scottish votes will be counted in a few hours time, by machine,
since they're using Single transferable vote (as they elect multiple
candidates from each ballot, usually 4, but sometimes only 3)

I'll be leaving the liveblog running, to help cover things

I also ran an impromptu poll and it came out overwhelmingly in favour of
me doing this (or attempting to) again for the next set of elections,
which I believe to be both the Greek national elections, and the German
state of Schleswig-Holstein on Sunday.
If anyone wants to help out and participate, email me DIRECT

Andrew