[pp.int.general] Germany Arrests Paul Watson

Jan Lettow janlettow at gmail.com
Wed May 16 09:46:37 CEST 2012

Shouldn't the circumstances of the arrest figure prominently in the discussion?

The Costa-Rican warrant is a decade old, and Interpol decided against
enforcing it to the result that Mr. Watson could travely freely in
Europe and elsewhere for the past years.

Why exactly the authorities ignored Intepol in this case is a bit of a
mystery. Over-zealous 'on the ground' personnel could be a factor in
my opinion, then we should see a release soon.

But if not we must take a close look, I think: Arbitrary detention of
politcal activists, nutjob or not, is not something to be taken
lightly.