[pp.int.general] Opposing austerity

Daniel Riaño danielrr2 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 09:55:39 CEST 2012

you must be joking. Chavez is demagogically running his country towards
catastrophe, unless you think that living in a country with a year homicide
rate per 100,000 inhabitants of 67 (USA is 4.8 and Europe is 3.5, <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate>)
is *already* a catastrophe. Not to mention generalised corruption at every
level. It is not that "some opposition candidates have been arbitrarily
barred from running". That fact is that there is not a chance for *any*
opposition to pacefully make into Government.

But not everything they say about bolivarism is this kind of silly nonsense
from "commondreams.org". There is of course a lot we can learn from left
thinkers. For instance, Karl Marx excellent bio of Chavez's idol Simon
Bolivar *for the New American Cyclopaedia*
http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1858/01/bolivar.htm