[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu May 17 19:42:59 CEST 2012

The claims of the global heating denialists have been thoroughly
refuted, but I can't remember where to find that.

The Guardian made a FAQ site refuting global heating denial.  Most
likely the refutations are all found there.  Can someone please find
it and post it?  It would probably take a few minutes for those of you
who are efficient at web searches.  Please check if someone has
already posted it before you start to look!

Once the site has been posted, finding the specific refutations of
these points would be useful too, and may be quick.  Please check if
someone has already any given answer before you start to look!

There may well be some anomalies in climate modelling.  That shows
that our understanding of the Earth's atmosphere and biosphere as a
system is incomplete.  That doesn't show humans are not causing global
heating.  There are things we don't know about how the human body
works but that doesn't mean we are all dead.

If someday we fully understand that system, there will be no
anomalies.  But we dare not wait for that before we take action to
prevent the disaster, just as we dare not delay your cancer treatment
until we know all there is to know about how cancer.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation