[pp.int.general] Don't roast our planet

Charly Pache charly.pache at gmail.com
Thu May 17 21:32:28 CEST 2012

Thanks for the replies and links! I really think we should create a special
pirate climate taskforce, indeed, there is passion here.

You're right by the way, it's a really important topic and we should try to
do something even if we are not sure about the effect of human activity,
the cartoon illustrated it very well. As I said, I'm not against protecting
our environment but we have to stay rational and not fall into
fear-and-emotions reaction scheme. And if it is so important, then spend
all the money to search for alternatives, or even forbid human activity
which increase the temperature.

Even in the guardian's website you can see that the situation is not that
alarming as many think:
# a
"points to a rise of about three-quarters of a degree celsius in the past
century" [1]

then they agree it's not more than the natural increase of ~1°C/century
already observed before the industrial revolution because we are recovering
from the little ice age [3]

# b
""If some newly discovered factor can account for the climate change then
why aren't carbon dioxide and the other greenhouse gases producing the
warming that basic physics tells us they should be?"   [2]

because as said, (co2 increase)/(temperature increase) is not linear as
assumed in the IPCC model but logarithmic [5].

# c
here is an article about the cause/consequence roles of temperature
increase and co2 increase : [4]

# d
i couldn't find the story of the sun scientist who made the predictions, he
died some years ago. But here an other article about cycle 25 of our
beloved sun, which would peak in 2022 [6]

[1] http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/dec/27/world-warming
[2]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/dec/30/humans-causing-global-warming
[3] http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/sep/29/little-ice-age