[pp.int.general] Build the enterprise

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:02:13 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:17 AM, roberto aka robske
<evilteddyxl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahoy!
>
> I was wondering how many supporters there are out here for this project:
> http://www.buildtheenterprise.org/
>
> I'm very enthusiastic about it, and was wondering how various pirates think
> about it :)

As a conceptual foundation, it's well thought out. I think it would be
more appropriate to start with a Miranda class* design though, rather
than Constitution.  I understand the desire to (and gimmick of)
re-creating the original starship Enterprise, but I don't think it'd
be a good entry-level choice.  Certainly, I don't think our first
inter-planetary manned ship needs to support 1000 people at any given
time; 100-200 people should be more than sufficient to start with.

I for one would *love* to see a project like this get started.

Best,
- Scott.

* <http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Miranda_class>

--