[pp.int.general] Build the enterprise

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:08:01 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:34 AM, roberto aka robske
<evilteddyxl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, as it happens, the Pirate Party has colonized a moon :) See here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6110829/pp/haz/Pirate%20Party%20landed%20on%20other%20planet.png

Nice :-)

Actually, I've been thinking a fair bit about this topic.  I wonder if
we could do something "small" in space, like a LEGO Pirate or
something along that lines.  See links below for inspiration.  The
goal I have in mind is to be the first modern Political Party in
Space.

Ideally it'd be nice to have something longer term and farther
reaching than just sub-orbital or LEO - like a small solar sail type
craft or lunar impactor?

As a start though, I think a LEGO Pirate and camera, lofted by balloon
would be relatively cheap to do and a great PR stunt.

Story:
<http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1121598--lego-space-man-puts-the-spotlight-on-toronto-teens>

And photos:
<http://photogallery.thestar.com/1120661>