[pp.int.general] The EU Data Protection authorities publish their common findings on Google

Jelena Jovanovic jelena.the.one at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 18:30:32 CEST 2012

hello
here is  press release on Google's new privacy policy
http://www.cnil.fr/english/news-and-events/news/article/googles-new-privacy-policy-incomplete-information-and-uncontrolled-combination-of-data-across-ser/

seems that Google adopted a habit of providing insufficient information in
Europe, ,just like they legally can do in US  I am not fan of terms and
conditions personally, I also click next-next-accept :) but as far as I
know facebook hired some local policy experts recently  (in March) in order
to adjust their features to local laws (advertising)

I guess everyone by now is aware that if something is gotten free of charge
(like gmail, fb, twitter etc) it is always accompanied by giving out -
collecting data. As for me I am not afraid of tracking cookies used for ad
placements  and I am not fearful of public web tools at all, but you are
right, Google should communicate it more clearly.

I dont think Dublin HQ people are even responsible for this.  What would
you suggest?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Rok D <derokka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just some findings on the investigation.. They recommend clearer
> information of the users and ask Google to offer the persons improved
> control over the combination of data across its numerous services.
> Finally, they wish that Google modifies the tools it uses to avoid an
> excessive collection of data.
>

> https://www.ip-rs.si/fileadmin/user_upload/Pdf/Article_29_WP/Google_Privacy_Policy_-_letter_WP29.pdf
>

> https://www.ip-rs.si/fileadmin/user_upload/Pdf/Article_29_WP/Google_Privacy_Policy_-_recommendations.pdf
>

> https://www.ip-rs.si/fileadmin/user_upload/Pdf/Article_29_WP/Google_Privacy_Policy_-_CNIL_press_release.pdf