[pp.int.general] Fwd: [Announce] En nu BREIN weer

roberto aka robske evilteddyxl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 18:16:12 CEST 2012

Dear Pirates,

The Dutch Pirate Party (PPNL) has been in a fight with BREIN, a local arm
of the RIAA and MPAA, since april this year. We received the news yesterday
that we have to enter the 2nd round of the lawsuit on 25 sept. Since the
party is still busy paying off its debts, this puts us for a difficult
position. Are we going to risk going bankrupt, in order to defend a free
internet? Or will we abandon the fight, which will cause us some negative
publicity. It's very shocking to see that a copyright lobby uses their
million-dollars lobby budget to force their hand on a much smaller entity
financial-wise. The most troubling fact is that none of the other political
parties in the country voice their concerns over this.

For anyone who can read or understand dutch, see the mail below.

-- Robske