[pp.int.general] Fwd: [Announce] En nu BREIN weer

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 19:43:59 CEST 2012

2012/9/19 roberto aka robske <evilteddyxl at gmail.com>:
> Dear Pirates,
>
> The Dutch Pirate Party (PPNL) has been in a fight with BREIN, a local arm of
> the RIAA and MPAA, since april this year. We received the news yesterday
> that we have to enter the 2nd round of the lawsuit on 25 sept. Since the
> party is still busy paying off its debts, this puts us for a difficult
> position. Are we going to risk going bankrupt, in order to defend a free
> internet? Or will we abandon the fight, which will cause us some negative
> publicity. It's very shocking to see that a copyright lobby uses their
> million-dollars lobby budget to force their hand on a much smaller entity
> financial-wise. The most troubling fact is that none of the other political
> parties in the country voice their concerns over this.

A difficult position indeed, and even more-so with media coverage of
Julia Schramm copyright situation and it's timing.

Are you subject to any laws that prevent you from fundraising internationally?

Personally I'd prefer to see the battle fought and FWIW would be
willing to donate to a crowdsourcing effort on indiegogo.com or
similar service.

Best regards and fair winds!
--
  Scott Elcomb