[pp.int.general] what are the minimum true core Pirates principles? -Attempt to get a workable consensus-

Andy Halsall a.halsall at pirateparty.org.uk
Mon Sep 24 17:03:40 CEST 2012

On Monday 24 September 2012 15:56:06 Kenneth Peiruza wrote:
> We do also have a "program" workgroup that keeps on studing the
> implications of the defense of pirate ideology.
>
> As an example: we can't choose between state owned schools and private
> schools funded by the state. We just know that anyone has right to a
> high-quality education for free. This is consistent with the behaviour
> of neither left nor right and our points of access to culture, knowledge
> and defense of human rights.

Actually we can. If we have evidence to suggest that one works better than the other.  The aim is access to culture and knowledge, but the medium must still be an effective way of doing that..

> Whenever we doubt about the interpretation of anything related to
> ideology we open a discussion and afterwards we open a poll open to
> every PP-CAT member.

How does that work when you are confronted by a question when out during an election? If for example you have a question that you haven't had before that is important to most people but not directly related to pirate 'ideology' (lets say weekly vs bi-weekly bin collection...)?

> Regards!
>
> Kenneth
>
> Al 24/09/12 16:50, En/na Anouk Neeteson ha escrit:
> >

> > On 24 September 2012 16:40, Kenneth Peiruza <kenneth at pirata.cat
> > <mailto:kenneth at pirata.cat>> wrote:
> >

> >     2nd law - Defense of pirate ideology
> >

> > That is precisely why I try to have it defined (and possible agreed on)
> > Now you throw it back into the "undefined"
> > As I call it, is the pirate party not a bit "spiritual" here?
> >
> > Or is that the intent to keep these principles vague ?  That could be
> > a valid strategy but on the long run we fool ourselves because how can
> > I defend myself when (theoretically) being accused of being against
> > the ideology.
> >
> > That is Kafkaesque if I am not mistaking.  Plus even worse it is a
> > form of totalitarianism  .
> > Is that the pirate future ?

Andy Halsall
Campaigns Officer
Pirate Party UK
+44 (0) 7505111705

For more information on the Pirate Party UK, please visit our website at
http://www.pirateparty.org.uk.  If you wish to receive regular press
statements from the Party (or no longer wish to receive them) please email the
Press Office at press at pirateparty.org.uk.  The Pirate Party UK is a political
party registered at 11, 45 Streatham Hill, London, SW2 4TS, United Kingdom.