[pp.int.general] Italian Pirate Party - Scandal

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:57:31 CEST 2012

Not really going into the question who is responsible and all that - that
is important of course - but I think the most important question here is -
do we insist that there should be only one pirate party per country?  There
are many ways for people to disagree and we should somehow be prepared for
this.

--
zby

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Pilar Saavedra
<pilarsaavedra.p at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear PP International,
>
> ** **
>
> I represent here 35 people from various fields (IT professionals,
> Journalists and Media/Communication Managers) that are waiting to be
> inserted in the Italian Pirate Party since 3 months now.****

> You can find all the forms with original signatures here:****
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/caafv4ianc7l7fg/RE6_FBQTqN****
>
> ** **
>
> The problem is clear: the subscription would give us also the right to
> vote in Liquid Feedback witch is binding and fully decisional by Statutes
> for the PP IT.****
>
> So it’s quite clear that the Liquid Feedback administrator is not
> inserting us because he’s afraid that we will vote against his (or his
> group of friends?) proposals and we could take the control of the Party…**
> **
>
> ** **
>
> Isn’t this a real paradox and scandal for a Party that wants to promote
> transparency, openness and liquid democracy?****
>
> I really hope that someone from the PP Int can take charge of this because
> it’s simply destroying the Pirates’ reputation even at an international
> level.****
>
> ** **
>
> Kind regards,****
>
> ** **