[pp.int.general] Official Results from Kazan?

Thomas Gaul thomas.gaul at pp-international.net
Tue Apr 23 19:47:37 CEST 2013

Hi Andrew !

Am 23.04.2013 19:23, schrieb Andrew Norton:

> On 4/23/2013 12:28 PM, Thomas Gaul wrote:
>>
>> Hi Andrew!
>>
>> Am 23.04.2013 18:04, schrieb Andrew Norton:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have the official results yet? It's been 48 hours since the
>>> conference closed and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is wondering.
>> Depends on the Definition of results. And your feeling of time. I
>> believe the responsible persons are working on it 24/7 on it, especially
>> being on their way home or at work. Okay, sarcasm switch off now.
>
> Since you admitted sarcasm, let me try some.
> We have absolutely no means of writing emails while on the move. So it's
> *impossible* for anyone to write an email giving the results that could
> be then sent at a later time. I mean it's not like it's part of the
> responsibilities of the committee behind the conference, or anything.
:)

> Sorry, I'm not that good at sarcasm. I guess my worldview is too
> factually-oriented.

Never mind, so in this case, we ought to be on the same track.

>>> The only thing I've noticed, is that the Board page got updated on the
>>> wiki, that's the limit of the 'official' notification of results so far.
>>
>> I do not now if Patrick is back home by now. Some minor additions plus
>> formatting will have to be done in the wikified minutes:
>>
>> <http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2013/GA_meeting/Minutes>
>
> These were posted Sunday, and were unclear especially at the end.

So it is. But as the conference ended and Patrick had been exhausted
(had been obvious) and it had been said on several occasions that a
delay between taking the minutes and copying them into the pad - some
time should be given. The Main results (like who had been elected is
stated out in this temporary version.

>> The Statutes have been changed according to the results of the GA:
>>
>> <http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes>
>
> According to the wiki timestamp,
> (diff | hist) . . Statutes‎; 18:20 . . (+2,355) . . Dichter (Talk |
> contribs) (incorporated Kazan changes)
> this was done 8 minutes before your mail and 20 *after* mine. So it
> wasn't a stupid, or invalid question.

Well done your research. Dichter put em there. Checked most of it
beforehand. Flew back yesterday afternoon (CEST) and attended a town
council meeting just afterwards. After daywork he did the job. As you
are with facts, just do some calculations :)

>>> So, Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
>>>
>> Quite Funny. I believe the term bullying came into my mind. No, I will
>> not write you did so as I think you were going to help and push things.
>
> I guess you don't recognize a movie reference then.

So it is.

> Your constant jumps straight to animosity to me are now increasingly
> evident. Please stop trolling and try and work productively on things,
> as befits someone on the PPI Board. Otherwise it reflects badly on the
> board by looking churlish whenever a simple, basic question is asked.
>
> It is a perfectly valid question that 48 hours after a conference ends,
> when the minutes are unclear as to certain votes ('PUBLIC' votes), and
> we've still not had an official announcement of results. Could you
> imagine the outcry (by us as a group) if a national election was run
> like this?

In a paid job doing this kind of things I am with you (most of the time,
though I now some minutes are not easy to finish - I now that by
experience even in a paid job)

You should ask the German board. The minutes are taken down by a guy who
writes down simultaniously. But the offical minutes do take a while
longer. Including crosschecking etc.

> We stand for openness and transparency. I'm sorry you have such a
> problem with that, Thomas.

Well done. Constructivness lost again. I thought you are with fact?

I think your prejudices are taking over atm. Though I do love these
weird interpretations. Like somebody else said "never trust a gaul from
Germany". Think you do so. (funfact: the guy who said so did trust me as
he smiled broadly)

Regards

Thomas