[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Maxime Rouquet maxime.rouquet at partipirate.org
Wed Feb 13 23:03:58 CET 2013

On 02/13/2013 10:38 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:
> The sad thing is, to view a WebM file in YouTube you need to run
> the nonfree Javascript program sent by the site.

Streaming was not possible due to lack of Internet connexion.

However, when the film will be converted into a digital file (WebM or
ogg/theora), why not simply sharing it in peer-to-peer ? It is the most
suitable way to distribute such content, the most adequate to our ideas,
the faster and the most effective.

Then if people are too lazy to install a P2P client, we can still put
the WebM file on a server, and anybody with a browser worthy of the name
will be able to play it without Flash or Javascript.

Regards,