[pp.int.general] The difficulty of brazilian pirates is not a hoax

Jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Sat Feb 23 01:43:36 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Nando Nunes wrote:

>    Hi Pirates International and Marina Poeser,
>    I'm a pirate from Brazil and I'd like to say that, unfortunately, we
>    have too much barriers of the brazilian electoral law.
>    We have to publish our Statutes in the Official Gazette, with a total
>    cost of USD 10,000, as the email say.
>    Then, we have to achive the support of 500,000 brazilian electors.
>    Furthermore, the support has to come from electors of, at least, 9 of
>    27 brazilian states.
>    If we not achive the publication and the signatures until October, we
>    will be not allowed to participate of 2014 General Elections.
>    Our challenge is too much big, but our willingness is greater! Ahoy!

keep up the good spirits, you have all my solidarity
but I'm sorry I don't have the money.

the amount of money you have to pay is ridicolous.  I can understand the
need for a support from electors, but to require all that money, sorry,
is shit.  sounds like puppetry, esp. that the price is in the USD
financial magnitude.

I hope things change in Brazil and that the government will respect the
constituency of grass-root communities, even if they don't have access
to IMF money, which is a colonialist way to measure Brasilian labour.

ask them if they would accept Banco Palmas, or Bitcoins, for instance.

ciao