[pp.int.general] free software video streaming

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Sat Feb 23 19:57:56 CET 2013

McCrea cites a number of excuses commonly offered by those that wish
to talk about the GNU system without recognizing that's what it is.

    While I stand corrected that properly it should be called
    "GNU/Linux" but we should also call QTips "Cotton Swabs" but it
    has become the colloquialism to call them QTips,

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#windows

						     just as we now
    call it "Linux" right or wrong.

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#somanyright

     You can try to fight it as much as you want to get it to change,
     but honestly I don't see it happening

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#lost

					   you are in a very small
     minority and the community had the option to accept GNU/Linux as
     the common name but they didn't so I don't see it coming back.

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#whatgood

Since GNU was intended to give freedom to all computer users,
I pushed for development of good GUIs.  GNOME was our third try.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation