[pp.int.general] 'Liquid Democrazy': Pirate Party Sinks amid Chaos and Bickering

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 11:46:11 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Nicolás Reynolds <fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar> wrote:
> why is liquid feedback nonbinding? this has always been a big wtf for
> me... (also the concept of liquid democracy :P)

I don't know German law - but in some cases the law does state how the
decisions are made.

I can see how LF can help with the oligarchy problem - but on the
other hand it can also lead to vote selling (for money or for favours,
or in a horse trade of policies) and thus making it worse, not to
mention the problem with computer security which is really under
appreciated I believe.  And then there is also:

"Time and again, a majority of the party's members express support
online for a particular idea, only to scrap it at the party's next
real-world meeting."

Why that happens?  Does that mean that different people vote in LF?
People change their minds?

>From what I've read on this list the Italian Pirate Party wants to use
LF as the sole voting method - I hope we'll learn from them how it
worked there.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/