[pp.int.general] What is democracy in a party

Jaromil jaromil at dyne.org
Wed Jan 2 10:27:15 CET 2013

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013, Patrick Godschalk | Piratenpartij wrote:

> http://xkcd.com/1095/
>
> That is all.

And of course, the "professionals" know well how to use filters ;^)

Anyway, as much as i dislike the "hobbyists" distinction and the
moderation solution, I still think this list is too precious to let go.

Let me put it clear: I *hate* moderation as many others here I believe,
but if filtering is not an option for the few ones complaining, then I
suggest the admins to go for a temporary emergency moderation on some
posters (still applying a lax policy bound to language adoption for
instance) rather than creating another list. If that is too much work
then leave it as it is and warn people for instance removing the
introduction sentence that this list is "low traffic". It is not and one
should know how to use filters in any case.

For the record PP-IT has a lot of mailinglists already and some where
killed this way: nonsense, personal attacks and deception, the most
gruesome here being Moramarco's debut in a new language, but the most
dangerous rest assured are the lies and manipulations of Carlito, an
arrivist with delusions of grandeur for his unability to deal with a
democratic process, to the point of standing on the sides of fascists,
lying on the PP-IT dynamics and privately threatening us here to bring
us to court for what we write on this list.

Meanwhile Carlito is also trying to launch a new party on the shoulders
of a journalist (Santoro) and his TV show, something called "Partito
Liquido" whose innovation consists in pure form, such as the adoption of
LqFb.  I think the operation of transforming journalism into politics
should be questioned in a deontological sense by the professionals
there, still what I'm mostly scared is this man's determination to be a
leader without consensus and to adopt a method as a political program.

This makes me deeply grateful to the existance of Pirate Parties which,
besides the tool adopted for their own democracy, are cultivating
political principles that go beyond leadership, participate to an
international platform and outline in the public what is the sense for
our fight in the digital age. Again this is what makes this mailinglist
so precious and worth figthing for.

ciao

--
http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39