[pp.int.general] PPI GA is going to be in Kazan

Lola Voronina lola.voronina at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 9 10:11:00 CET 2013

Fellow Pirates,

On behalf of the PPI board I announce that the next PPI GA is going to take
place in Kazan, Tatarstan Republic, Russian Federation. Dates will be
announced within 2 weeks. The minutes of the PPI board meeting and voting
can be found here: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2013-01-08

Considering the wishes of PPI members, the board have chosen the most
distanced location. We have received the offers from Paris, France;
Kaliningrad, Russia; Potsdam, Germany and Kazan, Russia. Unfortunately
there were no offers from outside of Europe this year. Even though
geographically Kazan still lies in Europe, it's gonna be the first PPI GA
outside EU. Participants are going to enjoy the unforgettable mixture of
European and Asian cultures. More information can be found in their offer:
http://wiki.pp-international.net/GA-2013_Call_for_Hosts#Russia.2C_Kazan

Paul Rassudov, Chairman of Pirate Party of Russia says: "We are honored to
welcome Pirates from all over the world in Kazan this year for the PPI
General Assembly! Rest assured that we will accommodate you with our most
delicious regional dishes and prepare the best possible experience in one
of the most exciting regions of Russia - Tatarstan Republic. For us as
Pirate Party Russia it is an important political signal to host this
international Pirate event when for over 4 years now the Russian government
refused to recognize our party. The meeting of Pirates from all over the
world in Kazan will prove that Pirate Party of Russia is part of a growing
and important international movement."

Once again I would like to thank all the members, who submitted their
offers, congratulate Kazan Pirates, and welcome the volunteers to help
organizing the next PPI General Assembly!

Best regards,

Lola Voronina

--
Lola Voronina
Co-Chairman, Pirate Parties International