[pp.int.general] Aaron Swartz In Memoriam website

Francisco George francisco.george at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 00:01:20 CET 2013

This is the website matained by his family and partner

http://rememberaaronsw.tumblr.com/

If anyone would like to send condolences or messages about Aaron you can do
it at this mail

rememberaaronsw at gmail.com

I do think an official statement prom PIRATES as a group anf from relevant
PIRATE personalities like Rick, Amelia, Christian, Pirates representants in
local parliament, etc... would be adequate as in lots of ways he
represented what we stand for. I spent the day making a Bundlr about what
is being said about him all over the world

http://bundlr.com/b/aaron-swartz

That is a continuous work in progress as I keep adding what I find on the
web.

And last but not least the family of Aaron released an "Official Statement
>From the Family and Partner of Aaron Swartz" in which they point out the
reasons for Aaron's suicide

*"Aaron’s death is not simply a personal tragedy. It is the product of a
criminal justice system rife with intimidation and prosecutorial
overreach.Decisions made by officials in the Massachusetts U.S.
Attorney’s office and
at MIT contributed to his death. The US Attorney’s office pursued an
exceptionally harsh array of charges, carrying potentially over 30 years in
prison, to punish an alleged crime that had no victims. Meanwhile, unlike
JSTOR, MIT refused to stand up for Aaron and its own community’s most
cherished principles."*
*
*
http://rememberaaronsw.tumblr.com/family