[pp.int.general] responding to Aaron's suicide-killing

Patrick Gibbs patrick0 at riseup.net
Mon Jan 14 00:14:45 CET 2013

An invitation:
As I reflect on Aaron, and what we do now, I see that much of our
strength lies in how we relate to each other and to our ourselves, and I
wonder who in the pirate party in each city might implement
the practices that are strengthening the climate justice movement, the
people in it, and people returning from war, described by the National
Institute for Peer Support:
http://nipspeersupport.org/
http://nipspeersupport.org/?page_id=136

A clarification: copyright has killed before.
Francisco George wrote "#Copyright enforcement war just claimed its
first deadly victim". Sadly, Aaron wasn't the first: A few years ago a
person in Chile was imprisoned for selling illegally copied DVDs, then
the prison holding them caught on fire, and that person died in the
fire. Their death was a kick in the gut and a catalyst to the free
culture movement in Chile to realize the importance of the free culture
movement to a new depth. I have asked a friend their for more
information about the case and will post here when I hear more.

~ Patrick