[pp.int.general] Partido de Internet

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 13:35:59 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Jordi Soucheiron <jordi at soucheiron.cat> wrote:
> This party is from Spain where there are already a few Pirate Parties.

Hello People:

I'm one of the members of the "Internet Party" in Spain. Also, one of
the cofounders of the Spanish Pirate Party. This "Internet" political
party is similar to the Pirate party in that they want to use liquid
democracy, but a bit different in the manners. The basic idea is: when
they get representative in a representative chamber (i.e. congress,
senate, EU parliament, whatever), their representative will vote in
each voting what previosly people have voted over the Internet.

This would require the usage of a internet voting tool to do those
elections beforehand, which would allow direct and delegated votings.
Being able to delegate the vote would be needed here, there's about
6000 votings each year at spanish congress alone (1 election per hour
on average). Also the people would be able to use the party, which
only acts a tool for democracy, as a way to propose legislative
changes. The legislative initiatives proposed would be those that
collected more signatures.

There's a web page translated into various languages, including
english that people from the Partido de Internet created to promote
liquid democracy, you'll probably enjoy it:
http://democracialiquida.es

I'm also the lead developer of the liquid democracy voting system that
Partido de Internet aims to use, you can already use it in
https://agoravoting.com and actually some other parties are using it,
like PIRATAS DE MADRID (they have their own installation at
https://agora.piratasdemadrid.org) and Equo Madrid. The idea of agora
is to be a social voting tool. You create an agora, a decision making
tool (in future it will be more than voting), that is adaptable to
your group needs.

There is a lot going on in the Agora development field, we are working
now at version 2.0 which will make use of a REST API and a web-app
like client, and 3.0 will support vote encryption using mixnets and an
innovative encrypted secret delegation, identification methods like
electronic id cards etc. And there's more =) It's AGPL and source code
in here https://github.com/agoraciudadana/agora-ciudadana . BTW, I did
a presentation of Agora in FOSDEM 2011.

Regards,
    Eduardo