[pp.int.general] PP-RU registration denied. Call for help.

Lola Voronina lola.voronina at pp-international.net
Wed Jan 16 19:12:14 CET 2013

Fellow Pirates,

Pirate Party of Russia needs your help!

As you might have learned from the news, last week, the Ministry of Justice
denied our registration. It was expected but still very disappointing. For
four years Pirate Party of Russia is trying to be recognized by the
officials. Our political goal has always to change the legislation in
political ways - that's what our programme is about. Unfortunately this is
impossible in Russia. Two years ago when we applied for the registration
the Ministry of Justice didn't even consider our application because of the
name - 'Pirate' being not appropriate for a political party as it
corresponds with the article about marine piracy. This time we completed
the whole registration procedure. We managed to have a founding meeting
with delegates from all the regions of Russian Federation, we established
the regional parties in more than 43 regions of Russia, we have more than
800 official members. The Ministry did find not-existing mistakes mistakes
in our application such as 'quorum not established' (when it was), '2
members being under 18 on the moment of the founding meeting' (when they
were over 18 at the moment of joining the party).

We would ask you to complete this statement prepared by Pirate Party
Russia, send it to the Russian ambassy of your country, publish it on your
website and send it to journalists as we need as much publicity on this as
possible. We cannot influence our government ourselves, only the
international attention might help the situation.

So how you can help us:

1) Prepare the statement in your language. The text and some translations
can be found here: http://piratenpad.de/p/PPRU_complaint
2) Send the letter to the Russian ambassy.
3) Publish the letter on your website.
4) Send the letter to journalists and local media.
5) Tweet, share and talk about it :)

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Lola Voronina

--
Lola Voronina
Co-Chairman, Pirate Parties International