[pp.int.general] Who is running this LQFB?

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:41:30 CET 2013

On 1/17/2013 9:16 AM, Nuno Cardoso wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Markus Drenger
> <markus.drenger at piratenpartei-hessen.de
> <mailto:markus.drenger at piratenpartei-hessen.de>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Nuno,
>
>     could you be so kind to send me a link to the minutes of the meeting
>     when the PPI has decided to run an official instance of lqfb ?
>

> Like I said, it's not "official" in the sense that it's decisions are
> not officially binding to anyone but me, but it's as official as my
> position on the board since it was an official promise I made and that I
> officially implemented as soon as I was officially elected by the
> members at an official GA. That is more official than any PPI board
> meeting, after all the statutes say:
>
>     /IX. General Assembly/
>     /(1) *The General Assembly is the supreme body of Pirate Parties
>     International* and is composed of all the Members of that association. /
>     /
>     /
>     /XIII. Functions of the Board/
>     /(1) The functions of the Board are:/
>     /a) *to act on behalf of the General Assembly between its meetings;
>     to give effect to its decisions*, recommendations and policies;.../

Point me to the decision made by the GA on running a LQFB? I don't
recall one.

> So the board just did what it's supposed to do and acted on behalf of
> the General Assembly.
>
>     If there is none, who authorized that CNAME ?
>

> The members who voted me in knowing I would implement a non-binding LQFB
> instance for PPI from which I would take issues and their votes into the
> board. They have the decisive branch, the board has the executive
> branch, and executed the necessary actions to give effect to the decision.

did you check it was SPECIFICALLY for that reason, or are you inferring
a mandate? Should I go look through the video and see what your campaign
was (I sure don't remember your promise)? If it contains anything more
than a promise to enact a non-binding LQFB can you call it a
vote/decision on that? If that was your intent, now it's been enacted,
will you step down your position?

Other things MORE binding, that the board (including you) have not done

- - Holding the next PPI GA outside Europe (to the point of definitive
statements by the board on this, rather than a throwaway line)

- - Having a CoA (it's been 4 months since they all resigned, and you,
individually, or as a group have yet to do anything about it)

So how's about working on what you SHOULD do, rather than what you WANT
to do.

In search of truth (and accountability)
Andrew

- --