[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Cal. peppecal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:51:20 CEST 2013

On 12 July 2013 18:40, Travis McCrea <me at travismccrea.com> wrote:
> I have never heard of this argument… in reality it has no basis. If a company was paying you less than basic income, you would just not take the job, or you could quit the job.

That is not a very rational argument, we're talking about people who
see corporations as intrinsically evil, thus they are not to be
allowed to make money. (On other sides, there is not really a
meaningful basic-nonbasic ratio. The two add up, so you can accept
those underpaid jobs only because basic income is meeting your needs,
thus becoming a gift to evil corporation.)