[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 16:39:35 CEST 2013

Antonio - if you believe we are so logic and math impaired why do you
stick to us and not find some more intelligent people to discuss with?
 I have the feeling that you are losing time with us - I don't see
anyone convinced by your boasting of your superior math and logic
skills.

Unconditional Basic Income can come in many variants and in particular
it can also be a partial Basic Income and that does not have any lower
limit.  It does not have to replace social welfare - but it can for
example just re-balance the already paid taxes.  When you say that:

> A scheme that would pay unconditionally will end up paying more in total
> than present social welfare, and if income for the state diminishes, its
> debt will skyrocket even more.

you are not showing superior math - you are showing that you are
making assumptions that we did not.

There are some readily available estimations - if you believe they did
not do the math correctly then show the mistake there.  But I guess
this is too much work for you.

Cheers,
Zbigniew

Zbigniew Lukasiak