[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:48:12 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM, carlo von lynX
<lynX at pirate.my.buttharp.org> wrote:
> scenario and we need a way to get the money from them. The simple UBI
> strategies put the cost back on labour in form of labour taxation, so

I've read somewhere that there is a tendency in the tax revenue that
the personal taxes make less and less percentage of the whole - and
becoming less and less important.

> the chance to improve competitivity is lost and an incentive to evade
> taxation is created. Smarter UBI strategies try to get at it differently.
> My favourite is the plan to introduce massive environmental taxation
> such that UBI leads to a sustainable balanced economy. Companies do not
> pay for the fact that they create jobs for people but for the fact that
> they consume energy, possibly non-renewable. This implies a major shift
> on the entire economy of what works and what doesn't - but it's a change
> that is overdue anyway: We can't stick to our current non-sustainable economy.

I like this idea very much.

Also commenting on some stuff from your other email about UBI being a
revolution requiring a recalculation of salaries etc - I think the way
to go would be to introduce it gradually - so that the recalculations
will not create complete chaos.

Z.