[pp.int.general] Basic income - how does that fit into the pirate ideology?

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 10:58:51 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Richard Stallman <rms at gnu.org> wrote:
>         [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
>         [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
>         [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.
>
>     > Oil extraction is a business.  Any business can be taxed for this
>     > purpose.
>
>     Taxing oil companies brings energy prices up.
>
> Indeed, it does that, and that is a useful secondary benefit
> since it can encourage society to shift to renewable energy.
> The effects of global heating can destroy civilization
> and are likely to wipe out most of the species on Earth.

This gets a bit off-topic - but it is quite interesting how raising
energy and transportation prices seem to be a kind of political taboo
in many countries.  I for one would welcome petrol prices high enough
to reduce traffic, congestion is a pure waste.

Z.

> However, other businesses can be taxed too.
>
> --
> Dr Richard Stallman
> President, Free Software Foundation
> 51 Franklin St
> Boston MA 02110
> USA
> www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
> Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
>   Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call.

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/
http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/