[pp.int.general] Pensions - the 'canadian system'

Nicolás Reynolds fauno at kiwwwi.com.ar
Wed Jul 31 16:52:44 CEST 2013

Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> writes:

> In Poland one of the other parties proposes a system where everyone
> pays the same fee and then gets the same pension - they call it 'the
> Canadian system' (any Canadians to comment on that?) .  In a way this
> looks very similar to Basic Income and I have similar arguments for
> it.  When we have BI then all this would not be needed - but maybe we
> can adopt this as a kind of intermediate goal?

here in argentina, retirement input is an obligation of the employer,
when you reach retirement age (65 por men, 60 for women) and have at
least 30 years of input you get a pension for life and also health care.
if you die and you have a living spouse she/he receives a percentage of
your pension for life too.

there've been changes, the retirement administration was recently
re-acquired by the State.  there's also a retirement plan for housewives
which weren't considered economically active population before and a
requirement to register domestic workers.

if you want to see how privatizing welfare services turns out look at
latinamerica ;)

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administradora_de_Fondos_de_Jubilaciones_y_Pensiones

--
http://endefensadelsl.org