[pp.int.general] The pp-leaders list

Gregory Engels gregory.engels at pp-international.net
Wed Jun 5 22:18:33 CEST 2013

On 05.06.2013, at 10:52, Zbigniew Łukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> What is the formal status of the pp-leaders list
> (http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-leaders)?  Is it
> official communication channel for leaders of the member
> organizations?  What is the procedure for joining that list?  Who can
> qualify for the 'leader' label?

Dear Łukasiak,

the pp-leaders list is the official communication channel of PPI towards its members and other pirate parties.
It is meant to be a release-only channel and any discussion on this list is discouraged to keep the volume low. The reply-to points to the corresponding mailing list pp-leades.discussion
To get on the list one must be either a board member listed on a party's website or a named international coordinator (in the case if the person is not listed on the website, an explicit confirmation of board members is required.) The use of the generic, non-personal emails is also discouraged (i.e. info@ or board@ ) as it frequently have caused trouble from people replying back from the wrong addresses.

The correct procedure to get on the list is to write a request to board at pp-international.net explaining what leadership role in what party one suits.

Since I know that you are vice-chairman of PP-PL, I have recently confirmed your subscription request without getting back to you, please accept my apologies if this have caused confusion.

sincerely yours,

Gregory Engels
Co-Chairman
Pirate Parties International