[pp.int.general] Fwd: Really now?

adrian.ppgr@gmail.com adrian.ppgr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 18:23:21 CEST 2013

Thanks
Well said

----- Reply message -----
From: "Johan Karlsson" <johan at landslide.nu>
To: "Pirate Parties International -- General Talk" <pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net>
Subject: [pp.int.general] Fwd: Really now?
Date: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 19:04
Everyone, please, try to be nice to each other. We are all on the same team here, fighting for the same goal.

Every time you send an angry email to this list someone is going to feel targeted and become a bit demoralized. Depending on who that is he or she will either be very sad after just a single email. Or perhaps the recipient of the email will only feel a tiny bit annoyed. But after a while all those tiny bits of annoyance will start to get to you and you wont find it fun to continue working for the movement. When that happens you either try to struggle on, but will feel the need to yell at others just to stay sane, or you will simply drop out of the Pirate party. Dropping out may actually then be the best thing for the movement as a whole as you at least stop spreading that bad mode.

I know its hard to get along, and especially in a large group like this there WILL be people you dont like, or perhaps even hate. The problem is that everyone feels the same way as you, but towards different people. I actually think that everyone on this list have at least two or three other people that hate him or her.

I dont feel very good about that. Id really like to ask all of you to please consider what you are doing. When you write an angry email to someone Im sure you think you are doing good - taking a stand for a very important issue, such as for example this one with the emails being scanned by google and perhaps NSA. The problem is that there are hundreds, perhaps even thousands of issues that is just about as important as this one. And if we shall make someone feel bad or perhaps even leaving the movement for every single issue there soon wont be many pirates left to fix the issues at hand.

Im not asking you to be quiet about your opinions. They are really important and what makes us go forward as a movement. But Im begging you to, please, consider how you are phrasing yourself and please stop this mass bullying of all other pirates on this list. The future of the movement depends on it.

Kind Regards
Johan Karlsson
Member of the Swedish Pirate party