[pp.int.general] pirate logo copyright

Loïc Grobol loic.grobol at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 22:06:58 CEST 2013

On 11 June 2013 21:58, Boris Turovskiy <tourovski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> my question - as a copyright-Pirate;) - is, how can the CC-BY-SA license of
> the Pirate logo agree with its trademark protection. Under the CC license,
> anybody can use the logo as far as attribution is guaranteed. Does the
> trademark registration mean that we in fact impose stricter rules than those
> implied by the CC license?
>
> Best regARRRds,
> Boris
If I understood correctly, once you have registered a trademark, you
can do What The Fuck you want with it, so if PP-FR doesn't want to sue
you, it doesn't have to. Note that since in France you can't renounce
your *droits d'auteur*, the licence you chose doesn't matter much
anyway : the original author can still oppose reuse of the material if
he wants to and free licence are just a statement of lack of will to
do so.

LG
--
Loïc Grobol.