[pp.int.general] FORMAL COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATION/MODERATION OF PPI MAILING LISTS

Nuno Cardoso nuno.cardoso at pp-international.net
Sat Jun 22 19:18:18 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Antonio Garcia <ningunotro at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you, Nuno. Very telling this time.

Always glad to help...

So, pretty much... if it does not have "leaders" in it it is not official?

That is not what I said. I said it's not official because it isn't run by
the PPI, how could it even be official? ;-)

And nobody can say a word in these lists without being an accredited leader,

Participation in each list have it's own criteria. Of course the "leaders"
lists are for "representatives"/"delegates"/"leaders", whatever name the
individual PP members deem to call the persons from their party responsible
to be there in their behalf. Some PP's don't even have "leaders". But of
course they need to be accredited, otherwise impostors may appear and claim
to speak on anyone's behalf, you wouldn't want that, now would you?

> just as I was phisically prevented from getting on the mic in Brussels
> because nobody from the "leaders" wanted me to mention what had to be
> said... part of what is considered shit and spam on this list?

I don't know about you, or whatever happened with you in Brussels. Were you
an official delegate of a member? If yes, then that member PP should
complain if "leaders" from other members prevented their official delegate
from addressing the GA. If you were not an official delegate then you can't
normally address the GA unless you run for some kind of office.

If you can't bring your PP, or any other member, to back you up, for
whatever reason, and you wish to have a more individual participation on
the pirate movement organizations then you should join Pirates Without
Borders since their membership is made up of individuals and not
institutions.

You could also try forking the PPI as you said you would and see how that
goes.

But of course, to be a real pirate you don't even need to depend on
institutions, be they Pirate Parties, organizations of Pirate Parties,
organizations of individual Pirates, etc, you only need to follow the
Pirate ideals and be constructive about it, and if you do something
awesome, people will flock to it in your lead. How about that awesome
solution for everyone to become a pirate supporter brewing in your head
that you never told anyone just because...well, because of whatever... :-P

> I guess the few ethicless apparatchik that run PPI since it started can
> keep the empty embarassing bag it has become...

No matter how much some try to make it so, PPI isn't an "embarrassing bag",
some threads of the cloth that make's up the "bag" of PPI may be, but to
generalize what may be embarrassing into the whole thing looks...well,
embarrassing :P

> The bureaucrats that run the "official channels" do not care how the kids
> play :-) .

Why haven't you run for office then? You could then help change things you
disagree with. How about that for a change? Or are you just another
embarrassed thread of the great pirate cloth? ;-)

Pirate regards,
Nuno