[pp.int.general] snowden in island?

illunatic at greenpirate.org illunatic at greenpirate.org
Wed Jun 26 06:18:49 CEST 2013

The PRISM leak presented the USA with two major issues to address, one
of which involves the rest of the world on a much broader scope than
the other. The first issue is whether whisteblowers should be treated
as traitors. This is an important issue that without a doubt needs to
be addressed. The US government accuses Snowden of providing the enemy
of the US federal government with information. Snowden provided US
citizens with this information. The US government has implied that its
citizens are the enemy. The treatment of whistleblowers by the US
government is a very big issue for the US.

As important as that may be, there is an even larger and more pressing
issue currently facing both the US and the world which deserves our
immediate and continued focus. The issue of the NSA spying on all of
us needs to take priority for the US domestically and also for nations
that are now known to be affected by it. From claims that NSA had been
spying on President Obama since before he was elected to the recent
discovery that they are reading emails of European parliament members,
this is a colossal attack on citizens and governments alike. The NSA
poses an open threat to US and foreign governments. We need them out
of our government and out of your governments. We need them out of our
leaders emails.

Snowden may find his way to asylum. He may not. One thing is for sure
though, if we are to take him at face value. He did what he did to
bring focus to the larger issue of NSA spying. He has clearly stated
that he did not want the discussion to be made about himself. He wants
the discussion to be about how the NSA is posing a threat to the
people of the United States and to people of the world. Please, if you
support Snowden's cause, focus our resources on how to best address
the issue of the NSA's unfettered access to private data.

Thank you for your consideration and wish me luck that I don't crash
into any palm trees or anything.

- Ryan Smith

NSA whistleblower Russ Tice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DmN80yi5mo