[pp.int.general] Pirate Parties International Conference Kazan 2013

Aleksandar Blagojevic piratska.partija.srbije at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 17:03:02 CET 2013

Any news on remote participation?
I just applied with "regular" registration form. Which, in my opinion,
should be the only one.

To make my point clear: remote participation should be the primary mode
of PPI GA collaboration. Several thousands of years of live meeting
practice proved that humans are too much prehistoric, too much personal
when it comes to the point of sacrificing themselves in defending an
idea. We have what we need in order to win this pirate battle. PPI GA
should be held online, several weeks in duration, full concencus in
practice, full global reach with high efficiency demonstrated to the
global public.

I repeat, it's never too late for the right thing. Kazan should be yet
another node of PPI GA, like your room, or your PP's HQ.

/eof

On 03/10/2013 10:36 PM, Gregory Engels wrote:
> Dear Pirates,
>
> We would like to invite you to the 2013 Pirate Parties International
> Conference which will be held on April 20th and 21st in Kazan, Russia.
> During this conference, the General Assembly - PPI's highest body -
> will decide upon the admittance of new members to the PPI, elect a new
> board and discuss and vote on amendments to the PPI statutes. The
> preliminary timetable can be found at the end of this message.
>
> Each PPI member can register up to 6 persons as official delegates
> (PPI Statutes IX.4), but all Pirates and interested persons are very
> welcome to join as guests.
>
> To register for the conference please fill in the form on the
> "registration" tab on the conference
> website http://conference.pp-international.net/PPI/PPI-Kazan-2013.nsf/registration.xsp
>
> The participation fee is 35€ (70€ after 2013-03-23 00:01 CET), if you
> are staying in the conference venue hotel. If you plan to stay
> somewhere else, the fee is 35€ higher (70€ and 105€ respectively) as
> we need to pay higher rental fee on the venue. The hotel offers the
> conference participants a discount of 12.5% on the official rate
> (please don't book directly with the hotel). We ask every participant
> to transfer the participation fee as soon as possible. As the PPI
> collects no membership fees, the organizing committee relies on
> participation fees and donations to organize the event. In exceptional
> cases where the participation fee is an insurmountable hurdle to
> participation in the conference, interested persons can contact the
> board at [board (at) pp-international (dot) net] and we will try to
> find a sponsor so that you may participate in the conference. Also, if
> you can afford it, we would be glad to receive an extra donation.
>
> In the spirit of maintaining communication and co-operation between
> Pirate Parties around the world an ad-hoc unconference workshop event
> is planned to be held during the conference. The precise agenda will
> be set by the conference participants at the beginning of the event;
> please come prepared to give a short (15 min max) presentation on an
> issue, idea or project about the Pirate Parties Movement and
> international coordination. Much of this unconference will be
> happening in parallel with the General Assembly, so we advise that (if
> possible) each participating party sends more than one delegate to
> ensure nothing is missed.
>
> The official sessions of the General Assembly will be streamed and
> remote participation will be possible. Detailed instructions will be
> sent to you as soon as possible. Remote delegates are asked to
> register in advance by sending an email to [co-chairmen (at)
> pp-international (dot) net] with proof of their official accreditation.
>
> Each member is permitted to submit amendments to the PPI statutes. To
> submit your proposals please use this wiki
> page: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2013/Statutes_Amendments.
> [...]

I prefer to have options, rather than plans.
Aleksandar Blagojevic aka blaeks <http://blaeks.wordpress.com/>
Pirate party of Serbia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party_of_Serbia>