[pp.int.general] Can we really make evidence based policies?

Cal. peppecal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:16:26 CEST 2013

On 10 October 2013 15:50, Martin Stolze <pirate.martin at stolze.cc> wrote:
> However you assess the value value of what people think you are welcome to
> spread your well-informed and totally impartial opinion as everybody else.

please, rtfa...

«In other words, say goodnight to the dream that education,
journalism, scientific evidence, media literacy or reason can provide
the tools and information that people need in order to make good
decisions.  It turns out that in the public realm, a lack of
information isn’t the real problem.  The hurdle is how our minds work,
no matter how smart we think we are.  We want to believe we’re
rational, but reason turns out to be the ex post facto way we
rationalize what our emotions already want to believe.»