[pp.int.general] The Flaw in the Estonian ID Card

Otto de Voogd otto at de-voogd.com
Tue Oct 29 18:38:27 CET 2013

Hi Pirates!

In Estonia we have ID card system that uses public key cryptography to
allow us to identify ourselves online and sign legally binding documents.

The problem is that the secret keys are placed on the ID cards for you,
i.e. the keys are generated by the state.

I've written an article about this issue, which was published on ERR
(the Estonian Public Broadcaster):

http://news.err.ee/Opinion/07c50ec4-bf64-403e-b4e6-0dfbe4e1a30b

Otto
--
GPG key fingerprint = C22C 4F08 6BA6 3ADE 5FE4  8496 23BA D351 C916 B67D