[pp.int.general] The Flaw in the Estonian ID Card

Otto de Voogd otto at de-voogd.com
Wed Oct 30 18:47:07 CET 2013

Indeed. That's a good reason to use GnuPG instead, which I mention halfway in the article, although for other reasons:

"We will not linger too much on the question of what happens when
you lose your ID card, as you then also lose your private keys and can
no longer read encrypted e-mails sent to you or decrypt files that you
once encrypted. This problem in itself seems like a good reason not to
use the Estonian ID card system for those purposes. Personally I have
opted to use an open source tool named Gnu Privacy Guard (GPG), which
has the additional benefit of not being restricted to one small country
in Northern Europe."

Otto

--
GPG key fingerprint = C22C 4F08 6BA6 3ADE 5FE4  8496 23BA D351 C916 B67D