[pp.int.general] [Pp-ops] Couchsurfing group for coordination

Josef Ohlsson Collentine josef at piratetimes.net
Mon Sep 2 03:06:52 CEST 2013

Search and use existing resources is always good instead of re-inventing
the wheel everytime. There's already an existing group for Pirates:
https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=26245
Any reason that can't be used? Is there any advantages of creating a new
one?

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Samir ALLIOUI <coretx at gmail.com> wrote:

> The first treasurer of Pirate Parties International; Nicolas Sahlqvist
> does the IT work for Couchsurfing.com
> Perhaps it is wise to have a conversation with him in order to see what
> creative ideas can be worked out.
>
> Cheers,
>
> /Samir
>

> On Sep 1, 2013, at 10:06 PM, <marketa.gregorova at pirati.cz> wrote:
>

> > Hello Pirates!
> >

> > As some of you probably know, this weekend was held a "PP3" conference -
> > meeting of the Czech, German and Polish Pirates. One of the direct
> outputs
> > was an idea to establish a group where the Pirates can provide or seek
> > couchsurfing (e.g. while helping with campaign abroad, when going to some
> > conference or just traveling,...). And because a well-functioning
> platform
> > actually already exists - http://couchsurfing.org - it was agreed to
> just
> > create a group here and invite all of you who are interested in
> coordination
> > of (informal) couchsurfing to create an account, fill in your profile and
> > join the Pirates group here:
> https://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=
> > 78942. We hope it's going to be a useful way of improving the
> communication
> > concerning any questions and needs of accommodation.
> >

> > Looking forward to your feedback and have a nice day!
> >

> > Regarrrds,
> >
> > --
> > Markéta Gregorová
> > Head of the International Dept., PP-CZ

*Organizational Administrator for Pirate Times *http://piratetimes.net
Contact me for any questions or concerns and I will do my best to help you.
Also working as International Contact for PPSE.

*Other contact:*
Skype: josef.ohlsson.collentine
irc.pirateirc.net user: collentine
Twitter: @collentine
Cel: +52 55 48 23 52 83 (+52 is code for Mexico)