[pp.int.general] Pirates classified under National Security rules in teh US

Andrew Norton ktetch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 15:10:21 CEST 2013

On 9/11/2013 8:47 AM, Ryan Moffitt wrote:
> Well, isnt that something... Ill submit a FOIA request for the USPP and
> the Florida PP. I ran for office from the FLPP so Im curious what, if
> anything they have on us.

It's 'something' yes. However my understanding is that the 'something'
is 'the standard glomar response'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glomar_response

Here's some guidance on Privacy Glomaraization from 27 years ago
http://www.justice.gov/oip/foia_updates/Vol_VII_1/page3.htm

So, basically, you're asking for investigative records, and they won't
confirm or deny there are such (because confirming indicates there has
been some sort of investigation, while denying also confirms there
hasn't been)

In reality, there's no 'story' here, and certainly no response that will
be obtained other than the same form letter.

BTW, many of the things invovling the NSA are going to fall under one of
the exemptions from the 1976 Government in the Sunshine act
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Information_Act_(United_States)#The_1976_Government_in_the_Sunshine_Act_amendments)
which is why generally you have to sue to get anything more than a
glomar response, or a denial under the GITSA exceptions.

So, unless you're ready to waste a lot of money on lawsuits, don't bother.

Andrew
Spokesman, PPGA
Governor, PPUK