[pp.int.general] US Trade Representative IP Report clean up + Wikipedia Project

john dickinson jrdickinson at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 03:57:38 CET 2014

chris

http://tinyurl.com/PiratePartyBrain using The Brain makes organization so easy...
I remain sincerely yours,
John Dickinson
=access           Since 1991
"Be the change that you want
to see in the world."
M. K. Gandhi

     On Saturday, December 13, 2014 1:27 PM, Chris Monteiro <c.monteiro at pirateparty.org.uk> wrote:

 Hi all

I've had a semi-productive Saturday afternoon writing up the US governments intellectual property ratings of various countries on Wikipedia here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_301_Report#Effects_of_Special_301_Reports

Any national Pirate Party not aware of this report from the US should be - it's one of the main trade weapons where by the US attempts to 'harmonise' intellectual property laws internationally.

Of course it would turn out that the complete statistics from 1989 were already published in a grid format, but never mind, Wikipedia is better :)
http://www.iipa.com/pdf/2014SPEC301HISTORICALCHART.pdf

In fact Wikipedia is so awesome I've been waiting for the chance to formally launch the Wiki-project 'Pirate Politics' which can be found here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Pirate_Politics

A Wiki-project creates a structure for like-minded editors to create and improve related areas of Wikipedia.

I would appreciate feedback into the project from various national parties of interest, or simply distribute the project via your national parties. It is not currently a multi-language Wiki-project, it's only English, it would take a non-English person to lead activities in their respective language and inter-link the project :)
Pirate Parties International - General Talk
pp.international.general at lists.pirateweb.net