[pp.int.general] Time to Hijack a poll for Pirate Party Amsterdam

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 07:32:42 CET 2014

We have a similar situation. I am starting in primary elections for
the European Parliament from the list of Direct Democracy. But it
seems that the voting application they wrote is not exactly what we
expected - it is tightly connected with Facebook and on many devices
it does not let you vote without a Facebook or Google Plus account.
This is eliminating many votes from our supporters who hate Facebook.

So I would ask all of you (who are from European Union) to vote for
me: http://wybory.db.org.pl/prawybory/4/glosuj/k52/ Just click
'Głosuj!' at the bottom of the page - this is a direct link for a vote
for me.

What I ask for here is actually what they agreed for - that all
Europeans can vote in these primaries. I did not want to use this  -
but we are loosing much good faith of our supporters because of Direct
Democracy Facebook love - so I have to react.

Cheers,
Zbigniew Łukasiak

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Matthijs P <matthijspon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pirates,
>
> It's time to hijack a poll again. Every week the website below
> organizes a poll where you can indicate for which party you will vote
> at the Amsterdam elections in march. You can vote for 'Piratenpartij'
> here:
> http://localfocuspolls.appspot.com/?p=bfe5c2a8e56745fb324a310aa3c288de
>
> And for who wants to do some extra effort: NuJIJ is the forum of the
> major Dutch news website 'nu.nl'
> If you vote a topic 'up' it will be in the list of most popular topics
> for a week. Currently you can vote for the following topics:
> http://www.nujij.nl/tech-gadgets/ancilla-tilia-we-worden-keihard-voorgelogen.27084753.lynkx
> http://www.nujij.nl/tech-gadgets/piratenpartij-wil-039-embedheffing-039-buma.27101753.lynkx
> http://www.nujij.nl/showbizz/playboy-model-ancilla-tilia-wil-de-politiek-in.27079680.lynkx
> http://www.nujij.nl/politiek/piratenpartij-amsterdam-presenteert-kandidaten.27063596.lynkx
> You need to register to vote (but you don't need to give your real info)
>
> Arrr!
> Matthijs

Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/