[pp.int.general] Ukraine

Zbigniew Łukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 07:53:20 CET 2014

The situation in Ukraine is complex, but I believe that we can trust
the Pirate Party of Ukraine not to turn nazi or something, and we
should support them.

Yesterday I was invited to an internal chat by the Russian Pirate
Party where they discussed my idea. That was a heated debate, I did
not understand much and I had to leave probably long before the
conclusion. But if Russians, together with other European parties,
join my pledge - this would be a really powerful message. This would
show that the pirate movement is capable of overcoming the internal
differences and is now a ready to solve problems outside of the narrow
original pirate agenda.

Below is the text of the message we want to record today. I tried to
make it acceptable by all of us, including Russians. (Native English
speakers - please check it -
http://pad.polskapartiapiratow.pl/p/wideo-dla-ukrainy)

----------------------

Dear friends and colleagues!

Hold on!
Do not let them kill you, do not let them beat you, do not let them
provoke you, let not yourselves be caught up in a spiral of violence
that leads to nowhere.
Defend democracy, defend the pirate codex.

We are with you!

And in Polish:

Drogie koleżanki i koledzy!

Trzymajcie się!
Nie dajcie się zabić, nie dajcie się pobić, nie dajcie się
sprowokować, nie pozwólcie wciągnąć się w spiralę przemocy która do
niczego nie prowadzi.
Brońcie demokracji, brońcie pirackiego kodeksu.

Jesteśmy z Wami!