[pp.int.general] Facebook Could Decide an Election Without Anyone Ever Finding Out

Cal. peppecal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 17:16:19 CEST 2014

Il 03/giu/2014 17:00 "Zbigniew Łukasiak" <zzbbyy at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> with
> Facebook or Google we have just one monopoly. We expect them to be
> politically neutral - but they never even promised to be neutral, and

They never tried to be. Google, eg, has very broad public policy statements
on its site.

They are born in a quite libertarian setting, and that's what I expect from
them.

What is nearly unacceptable is their request to trust their own ethics.

> we know that they are used by the NSA to target political movements
> from abroad.

Well, Putin said the internet is a CIA project... And he may be right.